The Aboveground Storage Tank Rule creates a new regulatory program for aboveground storage tanks, which helps to protect rivers and streams from pollution.
Submit comments on the tank rule by Wednesday, Jan. 21.
Attend the public hearing on Wednesday, Jan. 21 at 6 p.m. at the WVDEP Headquarters, located at 601 57th Street, SE, Charleston.
Comments can be emailed by Jan. 21 to WVDEPtankrules@wv.gov. Be sure to write Aboveground Storage Tank Comments in the subject line. Click here to view the proposed rule.
Tell WVDEP you want the rule to:
1. Reinstate the more inclusive Level 1 tank definition that was in the rough draft of the rule;
2. Maintain the rule’s regulation of Level 2 tanks;
3. Establish registration fees that adequately fund and staff the program;
4. Provide an opportunity for public notice and comment on certificates to operate; and
5. Increase bond amounts so that they cover potential liability of a tank failure.
Click here for WV Rivers Citizens' Guide to SB373