posted May 12, 2016, 10:46 AM by Kathleen Tyner
updated May 13, 2016, 1:20 PM by angie wv
The Mountain Valley Pipeline, a proposed 42 inch natural gas interstate pipeline, has submitted a Section 401 Water Quality Certification Application to WVDEP. The public comment period is currently open. We made it easy for you to submit your comments.
WV Rivers has submitted comments on the 401 application, which you can read here. Our analysis finds that the application is inadequate and we request that the WVDEP give the Mountain Valley Pipeline an incomplete application notice. Add your voice to the permitting process and send comments to the WVDEP requesting:
Please send your comments to the WVDEP today!To access the full MVP 401 Application, contact Nancy Dickson at Nancy.J.Dickson@wv.gov or 304-926-0480 ext. 1715.
- Public hearings for the affected communities and landowners along the 195.5 miles of the proposed route in WV.
- Issue MVP a notice of incomplete application and request the following additional information:
- A survey of the entire pipeline route, currently 10% of the pipeline route has not been surveyed;
- inclusion of a blasting plan;
- further analysis of watershed scale impacts, and a plan to avoid impacts to high quality trout streams;
- additional analysis and plans for each stream and wetland crossing, the current one size fits all stream crossing plan is insufficient; and
- specific restoration plans for each location were water resources will be impacted, the current 2-page restoration plan is severely inadequate.